The Einstein Professional & Leadership (P&L) Division hosted its 2016 Golf & Tennis Tournament and Dinner on June 27, at the Westchester Country Club in Rye, NY. This year’s honoree was Carol M. Joseph, a noted real estate attorney and a former partner in the New York law firm Blank Rome LLP. The event benefited Einstein’s Center for Experimental Therapeutics, which advances Einstein investigators’ most promising research on innovative treatments for cancer, diabetes, heart disease and other health problems.
Dean Spiegel and Martin (Marty) Luskin, Professional & Leadership Division chair, welcomed the assembled division members and guests, and Mr. Luskin then presented the 2016 Albert Einstein Humanitarian Award to Ms. Joseph. “Carol is committed to making life better for people everywhere and truly exemplifies the professional excellence and humanistic values of Albert Einstein and of the Professional & Leadership Division,” said Mr. Luskin.
“I have always enjoyed learning about and supporting organizations that have substantial impact,” said Ms. Joseph, who is active in a number of philanthropic causes, including global human rights, affordable housing and education for children with learning disabilities. “It’s been exciting to meet researchers at Einstein and Montefiore and to learn about their work, which will affect human health throughout the world and help educate the next generation of scientific leaders.”
In another program highlight, Greg Gonzalez, the P&L Division’s incoming chair, presented a ceremonial gavel to Mr. Luskin, whose term ended in June. The gavel was a token of appreciation for Mr. Luskin’s leadership and his service to Einstein.
Division executive board members Peter Bernstein and Raymond S. Cohen co-chaired the event. Mr. Luskin and Mr. Gonzalez, division vice chair, served as journal co-chairs with executive board members Neil A. Clark and Jeffrey A. Fiedler; Jack M. Somer, executive board member, and Marc Altheim served as tennis co-chairs; Peter E. Zinman, division vice chair, and Marlon Bustos, executive board member, were the auction co-chairs.
The Golf & Tennis Tournament and Dinner, the P&L Division’s major annual fundraiser, celebrates a 55-year tradition of philanthropic leadership and collaboration among business leaders committed to advancing Einstein’s mission to improve human health.
To learn more about the Einstein Professional & Leadership Division and upcoming events, please contact Eve Marsan at 718.430.4178 or email@example.com.
On the Web: www.einstein.yu.edu/r/pldivision
1. From left, Dean Allen M. Spiegel, M.D.; Carol M. Joseph, recipient, 2016 Albert Einstein Humanitarian Award; and Greg Gonzalez, incoming P&L Division chair.
2. Einstein Trustee and P&L Division executive board member Philip S. Altheim, left, and Einstein Trustee Samuel G. Weinberg.
3. Greg Gonzalez presents outgoing P&L division chair Martin Luskin, left, with a ceremonial gavel. Mr. Luskin received the Einstein Humanitarian Award in 2010.
4. Marc Altheim, tennis co-chair, center, with Steve Weissbluth and Scott Glassman.
5. From left, Anthony Ruggeri; Neil Clark, P&L Division past chair and 2007 Einstein Humanitarian Award recipient; and Andrew M. Weinberg, P&L Division treasurer.
6. Event co-chairs Raymond S. Cohen, P&L Division executive board member and past chair, left, and Peter Bernstein, P&L Division secretary.